My driving experience from being a Class 3 Manual student in Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC) and onwards

Friday 13 January 2017

DAY 52: Final Theory Practice and Final Theory Evaluation and Stage 2 Practical Lesson 2.06 U-turn and Roundabout (again?)

Final Theory Practice and Final Theory Evaluation

In order not to flung the Final Theory Evaluation again (check out what I did in my last FTE attempt), I decided to complete all the practice booklets before going for the evaluation. I spent another 3 lessons today to complete all the booklets. Then I went for the Final Theory Evaluation during the next timing slot. I passed with a score of 98/100. Hooray!!! I can go for my Final Theory Test now. The latest available night slot was 2 weeks later. Hopefully I can still remember all the stuff after 3 weeks.

Things to take note:
  • All (I think) the questions for the Final Theory Evaluation comes from the practice booklets. If you finish practicing all the booklets, you should be able to pass the evaluation.
  • The theory practice allows you to review the answers, it is better to do so to understand the logic and reasons for the answer (no matter right or wrong)

Stage 2 Practical Lesson 2.06 U-turn and Roundabout

Today's instructor was from my default group. I think he is team leader of the group. I didn't make it to the next lesson. He was very strict - he finds that my fundamental techniques are not up to standard, given now that I'm already in stage 2 and I'm still making silly mistakes like releasing clutch too early and not able to hold half clutch.

At one point, he let me decide if I want to proceed to 2.07 or use today's lesson to improve on my weaker areas. I chose the latter. It is better to fix mistakes earlier than later right? Otherwise, he said, it would turn into a 'bad' habit that is hard to kick

We drove around inside the circuit and Bukit Gombak areas doing left, right turns, stopping at the side of the roads and also U-turn. I didn't perform up to my usual standard today, probably rusty after not having lesson for more than 2 weeks (no choice, I had an overseas assignment) and I was in a rather low morale.


Things to take note:
  • For starting off, half clutch biting point need to be smooth. 
  • Left leg need to be touching clutch when gear 1. 
  • Gear 1 is only for starting off. Must change to gear 2 swiftly. 
  • Do not step on accelerator while turning. Only step accelerator after you have positioned the steering wheel correctly
  • When reach 40km/h, must go to 4th gear already at Choa Chu Kang road. Small road can be in 3rd gear. Do not drag gear too long. Listen to engine sound to judge
  • For Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Batok Road, maximum speed is 70km/hr. Need to keep near to it and maintain 4th gear while cruising
  • Check rear mirror every time 1s before brake and move off
  • Signal 3s earlier before turning or changing lane.
  • Position car with your shoulder in line with the edge of the kerb (use the pole or traffic lights as marking) for right turn
  • Foot brake is to reduce speed to a desired range before gear down. Do not gear down when speed is still about the range
  • For U-turn, maintain around 1m to the right kerb in the bend to leave more space on the outer (left) side of the car. This allows motorcyclist to move up on the left side instead of the right (and end up in your blind spot)


Expenditure

FT Practice         $3.21 x 3
FT Evaluation      $5.35
Practical              $77.04
Total cost so far:  $1169.83
Share:

2 comments:

  1. Left leg need to be touching clutch when gear 1. > may I know what do you mean by this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it means left leg should not leave the clutch when in gear 1 (just let your left leg rest on the clutch but not pressing it) because you'll be changing to gear 2 very shortly. Best is to clarify with your instructor on this as well.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © One more driver to share the road | Powered by Blogger Distributed By Protemplateslab & Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com